1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Emergency Kit

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Buckeye Chuck, Feb 2, 2007.

1. Buckeye Chuck

Buckeye Chuck Senior Member

I'm looking for an emergency kit to keep handy now that the warranty is over. The ones I see don't quite seem specific to my plow and some seem to have a big spread pin that I don't think I need.
    I have an 71/2 ft. standard poly that I bought new end of 2004.
    Where's the best place to pick one up?

Last edited: Feb 2, 2007
  2. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Just make your own...it is cheaper and more complete. Extra hose, solenoid(too easy to replace right in the field to NOT have one), threadlink for your chain, extra fluid, fuse(s), extra pins and hairpins (for mount and one for the angle cylinder/plow. Some carry an extra trip spring.

3. Buckeye Chuck

Does anyone know any good sites for parts. I can't seem to find anyone with Ultra Mount OEM parts.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

5. Buckeye Chuck

6. 06FX4Blizzard

06FX4Blizzard Member
    from NE ohio

you would be better off just getting only the parts from the kit... if you price out the parts , you end up paying close to a 100 more for the WESTERN box..

7. Buckeye Chuck

Blizzard, you might have missed my previous post.

8. plowbabe

plowbabe Member
    from Midwest

Chuck ~ shoot my boss an email brian@newellequipment.com we have plenty of Western boxes (less the parts). He said he would sell the empty box for $25 or free with a parts order of $200.

All OEM Western parts would be priced with a 20% discount.

Thanks,

Babe