1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Emergency Kit

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by BigRed8131, Sep 30, 2011.

1. BigRed8131

BigRed8131 Junior Member

Does anyone have an idea on what parts might be good to carry for the winter as a emergency kit in case something breaks on the plow. If it is something simple to fix on site to get back to work.

2. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

Couple hoses.
    Some hydro fluid
    And maybe an extra spring and solenoid
  3. ChiTahoe

ChiTahoe Senior Member

A couple of fuses wouldn't hurt, and a test light. I have my handy bag of hand tools. (Basic sockets, ratchet, screwdrivers, tow strap, etc....)
  4. Lucfw

Lucfw Senior Member
    from Ontario

a bottle jack
    flares or reflective stuff
    a coupple of spare jackets and clothen
    a cell phone
    i know you wernt looking for some of that but hey could not hurt!
  5. ChiTahoe

ChiTahoe Senior Member

Here is a good idea that western came up with already.
    You get the idea of what you would need.
    Emergency Kit
  6. RedArrow

RedArrow Member

Come on Snow Dogg, Fire up your market Machine

The emergency kit from Western is a great idea. Since there are so few great ideas and most are copied, I think SnowDogg needs a kit number that is plow specific...Hook us up Guys!! :mechanic:
  7. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

That's been on my short list for a while now. I'll take this opportunity to ask what you think should be in a kit...

We've NEVER had a trip spring break (ours are a little bigger, less stress on the hooks) - and that's usually in these kits.

Here are the obvious items (similar to the other kits that Buyers currently sells)
    Trip pins
    Quart of oil
    Hat (of course)
    Clevis pin

Items not found in most kits
    Test light
    Jumper wire w/alligator clips

What else could you need at 3AM? Give me your ideas and it might show up in the kit.
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  8. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

I love that picture in your signature... Nice dog.
  9. ChiTahoe

ChiTahoe Senior Member

Haha, thank you. I have one other, where his head is turned and looks just like yours:
    His name is Grizzly .

10. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Dielectric grease!! Not sure why S.A.M, buyers, Salt Dogg...how ever you package it, why you guys dont sell it I have no idea, but it should be in the kit. The springs dont break, but the eye bolts do, or stretch...extra relays.
  11. RangerDogg

RangerDogg Senior Member
    from ma

All what you put in list sounds good smoorman.Also how can i get another hat mine is getting tired from advertising in winter for you .I wear it proud.And i up graded to md 75 last year from the md 65 and what a difference it makes .
  12. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Yes, I forgot about the eye bolts. Di-electric grease is a good idea too.
  13. ChiTahoe

ChiTahoe Senior Member

You may want to bump it up to 2 or 3 quarts of fluid. If you blow a hose and run the system dry 1 quart isn't going to cut it.
    Hose fittings would be good too, with an adjustable wrench or something, or just keep the parts and tools separate, or make a "complete emergency kit" with everything included.
    Maybe even a few hose fittings for the cylinders.
    A tow strap for "short chaining"
    An allen key would be nice to get that snowdogg cover off to short chain it if needed.
    I'll add as I think of more.
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  14. BlackKnight07

BlackKnight07 Member

Snowdogg Decal for the Truck mounted Bracket..I get tired of seeing everyone who has a Western. prsport
  15. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

OK - anyone who PM's me their mailing address will get a pushbar decal. We FINALLY got around to it - so you can stop being jealous of the other guys...

If you can't PM - go ahead and drop an email to snowdoggtech@buyersproducts.com... I'm more than happy to get some decals out there.
  16. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

PM Sent for that decal, can't wait to put it on the new plow setup.

I'm interested in an emergency kit as well. Thanks!
  17. royjani

royjani Junior Member

I sent you an email about 2 weeks ago and have not heard any thing yet. Any luck with those decals?
  18. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

Hi guys - I did get all your requests (too many to respond to individually). I'm waiting for enough to pile up before I get someone on the job of mailing these out so we can do them all at once.

So if you sent a request via email or PM, you will get one. Please give just me a week or two. With the time of year, my focus is on shipping plows and hardware.
  19. RedArrow

RedArrow Member

WHAT!!!!???? Your boss does like the gross margin on giveaways!!??? jk, thanks:mechanic:
  20. Unrealo4

Unrealo4 Junior Member

Nice Site here! I just got my EX80 up and running and found the thing would not drop. Due to this site and its info I was able to clean the screen on SA and it works like a champ now.

Not to mention my boss is jealous of my Snowdogg. Makes his Western pro plus look dumb lol. Got to nab one of those decals for the push bar!
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2011