1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Emergency / Contingency Plan

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by lizard, Sep 15, 2010.

1. lizard

lizard Junior Member

Im looking for someone that has a small Backup plan written for a county or city in case of equipment failure, the last company that plowed for this township screwed it up bad with equipment breakdowns and now they want a backup plan, if anyone already has one written that would be great!

Invision Services
  2. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

Sorry, to say this my friend, but a contingency/back up plan is going to be unique to your situation, so really you are the only one that can write it, but i well give you a example of ours. A letter from a equipment dealer (Case) stating that we have 24/hour a day axcess to rental equipment, skid steer, and loader, in case of break down of our equipment. A letter from a skid steer operator that doesn't do snow, but well come and help us (for good money of course, lol) in the event we need him. And a list of 5 individuals (normally retired friends) who well come and operate equipment if called due to one of my regular equipment operators not being available. Along with those letters/lists I send a letter detailing my time lines for completion of work, and what we can do in house to also deal with stuff, examples being: having a mechanic on duty, extra equipment i own, employees, and back up employees, amoung some of the things.