1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

emerald lawn and landscaping

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by skpeters, Nov 27, 2015.

1. skpeters

skpeters Junior Member

Has anyone ever plowed for emerald lawn and landscaping from Burton MI they have contacted me to plow 2 locations for advanced auto just trying to do a little research before i sign a contract

2. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

We have Never plowed for Scott, but people I know have. They go back year after year, so to me that says he pays his subs.

3. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

I got a big run around from them years ago, worked out but just a pain.

4. skpeters

skpeters Junior Member

Can you please be more descriptive was it money what was the problem and general thank you

5. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

From what I believe, their internal accounting system was frocked. Here's invoice date - paid date

4/30 - 7/12
    5/31 - 10/22
    6/30 - 11/11
    7/31 - 11/11
    8/31 - 9/24
    9/30 - 11/11

We were fired for questioning why payments were late BUT they did pay us what we agreed to even though they "self serviced" - then they asked us to plow snow for them........... we didn't.

We aren't talking any amount of money here either, $1300 total.

This was back in the days of us doing foreclosure work and getting 85% of what we billed, I had no patience and probably could have handled it better with them but we did our part, they failed on their end.....

Anyone that has ever subbed for me, paid within 30-35 days no matter what, whether I've been paid or not - it's the way I've always been and will always try to be. This guy portrayed himself as some whoop ti doo and couldn't pay a $70 invoice on time. This was all back in 2012. Tell him and his arrogant attorney that Chuck Prottengeier says hey........

6. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Someone asks about Emerald out of Burton MI, yep we been there done that and I tell them our experience. No exagerating, no BS, just what happened - I even said they made it right in the end.

So, this Kim Jones who I think worked for Emerald in some fashion goes to my company Facebook page and posts this: "Chuck is very unpleaseant to deal with NOT RECOMMENDED"

Well - when you don't get paid till you call after two months (I was very nice then), and the next couple months you get the run around, your payments don't match invoices - yep, I called who they were working for and inquired (I became unpleasant then) - I can get a tad on the irritable side.

All this for a small customer that we happen to buy a lot of stuff from, whom we serviced before you, with you and continue to service after you.

So - whomever from Emerald that mentioned this to Kim, have her change her comment to be more informative, something like this: "Chuck is very unpleaseant to deal with NOT RECOMMENDED, he will not put up with your lack of organization skills, he doesn't want to finance your business and he'll be really rude when your attorney calls him. One thing Chuck is all about though is servicing the end customer, cause he knew that the guy across the counter would get him paid."

Emerald people - I do believe that if you go back and look at my first post in response to the OP, "I got a big run around from them years ago, worked out but just a pain.", I never said you didn't pay me, I in fact said it worked out. After completing SIX months worth of work and receiving ONE payment, giving you three months to get it figured out, yes, I called Advanced corporate. Remember this - I worked for them direct years before I ever worked thru you. Your response to me calling corporate was to have your attorney call me, Kim, that's a Master Degree in Business move right there don't you think?

I work for Bob Evans, they changed their accounting system this year and it's way frocked up, they are way behind in payments. IF I had subs working for me, they'd be paid just like normal for two reasons:

1) The subs are working for me, not Bob
    2) I know Bob, have worked for Bob for years, other than the AGMG debacle, Bob has always paid. When Bobs cubicle accounting people get their heads outa their butts, we'll be paid.

Two entirely different ways of handling things, which way is better for you?

7. nixray

nixray Senior Member

You do understand the meaning behind "net 90". I'd bet you signed a contract that had the terms of payment explained. Which, therefore would advise you when you can expect payment.

8. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Fully understand "net terms" and you'd loose that bet.