1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

emblem removal

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by peanut46g, Jun 14, 2004.

1. peanut46g

peanut46g Member

I'm painting my '76 chevy C10, and I need to remove my "Custom Deluxe 10" fender emblems, and the chrome strip that goes around the bottom of the back window.. Do I have to take the fenders off just to get the emblem off? I can't see any studs or anything sticking through, but I can't get to where they are because of the firewall. I don't see any studs to remove the chrome strip below the back window either. Help me out please...Thanks, Dan
  2. nachoschevs

nachoschevs Member

I am pretty sure that the emblems are fastened on with studs and little nuts that you cant see until you take off the fenders. It may be easier to break the studs off and get some two sided tape to put them back on. The chrome behind the window probably is fastened with studs to. I remember seeing them for sale in LMC books and they have studs with little nuts to go some place. Hope you have good luck with them.
  3. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

You can get to the studs. There are two holes inside the finder by the hod hinge. Most of the time you take a puddy knife and a hammer and slide the knife behind the emblem and break them off,they can be a thrill taking them off. When you go to put them back on or replace with new use barrel nuts,and make sure you run a nut down the stud once then take it back off. You should be able to get the barrel nuts at a auto store. I do not know if emblems are still for sale.

Regards Mike
  4. nachoschevs

nachoschevs Member

LMC still sells the emblems but they are not the cheapest things in the world. If the truck is not in perfect condition and the old emblems are not in bad shape or broken from removal then I would just reuse them. I believe the emblems go for about $20 or more each. I don’t have a book close but it is kind of high unless you have a show room condition truck.