1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ematch question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by advl66, Dec 30, 2010.

1. advl66

advl66 Senior Member

i want to get a 8.6 ss xv for my truck in sig. and its not on option on the ematch bs. but ive seen many trucks on the roads,and on here that have it. so my question is will fisher put it on,and warranty it if it doesnt match on ematch?

2. Mnpowerstroke99

Mnpowerstroke99 Member

I have a 8.5' XtremeV MS [If I could do again it would of been stainless]on my 99' F-250 SD with 7.3L diesel and it works great.The Ematch didn't list it for my truck either but,I put it on anyways.I think their reason for not listing it for the diesel trucks is because it puts the front axle over gross axle weight ratings[heavy diesel motor].I put about 500lbs of ballast in the rear to help balance the truck out.Without it the back end feels super light.

3. advl66

advl66 Senior Member

ahh. i have about 500 in my truck now. or close to it..do you have any pics of the setup?

4. Mnpowerstroke99

Mnpowerstroke99 Member

I don't have any pictures right now,next time it snows I will take some.

5. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

A Fisher dealer is not allowed to install it due to liability reasons....if you were to get in an accident, they're liable if weight becomes a aspect of cause. I bought my XLS already put together, truckside was pre installed by me, and I was still weighed and documented prior to departure. They even had to add ballast for the weigh in.....

I don't believe that is linked to your warranty however, it should be covered just the same. Now if you were mounting a Homesteader on the other hand......lol.

Your only hope is to find a un knowledgeable dealer, or buy it crated and put it together yourself.

6. Mnpowerstroke99

Mnpowerstroke99 Member

I bought mine crated through QTE.They shipped [$165 from IL to MN]it right to my garage and me and a friend assembled it and installed the wire harnesses in about 5hrs.I already had the push plates on my truck from my old Fisher plow so I didn't have to put them on.

7. advl66

advl66 Senior Member

so most likely they wont im assuming? they're a big dealer.and probably are knowledgeable.. what if i had them put the wiring on one day,and have them set the plow up the next and tell them to leave it outside after and ill pick it up. haha.. well if things go threw and im able to get it,ill try to talk to them about getting it through them..if not crated here and have them do the wiring. Maybe some people and here would help me put the plow together

8. Mnpowerstroke99

Mnpowerstroke99 Member

Its not that hard to assemble if you read the manual that comes with it and have someone to help you.The instruction manual tells everything you need to do and when.Just take your time and save some money doing it yourself.

9. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

Some dealers, even large volume ones will do it. Doesn't hurt to ask.

10. advl66

advl66 Senior Member

well of course id ask them first.probably will give them call or take a ride over tmw and ask