1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Eliminating all the badges

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Plow Dude, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Plow Dude

Plow Dude Senior Member

How do I remove the 4x4 and heavy duty badges off of my tailgate? I see some people even remove the 2500's on the doors. Do I use a heat gun or something? Thank you

2. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

If they are applique badges and not painted or paint decals a heat gun and non metal scraper with some elbow grease, followed by solvent to remove the glue.

3. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Yeah a little heat from a heat gun and they'll come right off.

You can use fishing line to help and it won't scratch your paint.

4. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Me and my sign guy used fishing line to cut them off and then his special solvent to break it down and rub it off.

We stayed clear of a scraper as he is super anal and didn't want to scratch the paint on my truck, which didn't really matter in my eyes as my S-10 we did it on now has 214,000 miles.

5. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Brake cleaner or gasoline will take it right off, just make sure you have some dawn handy to wash the gas off.

6. festerw

festerw Senior Member

Use the fishing line and 3M makes an adhesive remover that works well for what's left.

7. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

Yep fishing line and a adhesicve remover

8. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I just pulled them off and used an eraser wheel and then the adhesive remover just to be sure it all came off.
    What year truck are you doing this too? What color? I took mine off when my truck was two years old and the paint was faded already:eek: . You can see where it said "Heavy Duty", "4x4" , "Ram 2500" and "Big Horn" clear as day.