1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ELECTRONIC SNOW ALERT

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jimsmowin, Dec 9, 2000.

1. jimsmowin

jimsmowin Senior Member

ELECTRONIC SNOW AND ICE ALERT MADE BY sensors instruments co. any body have one or herd of this info comes from SNOW&ICE MANAGER 1999 page 26, thanks for any help; JIM

2. xtremeoutdoorservices

xtremeoutdoorservices Junior Member

I JUST ORDERDED THE ELECTRONIC SNOW ALERT, I LET YOU KNOW HOW IT WORKS AFTER I GET IT. LET IT SNOW!

3. jimsmowin

jimsmowin Senior Member

WHERE DID YOU ORDER IT FROM AND HOW MUCH, THANKS JIM

4. PINEISLAND1

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

5. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

WOW... for $440, I think I'll stick to waking up every few hours.

-Tim

6. Greenman2ooo

Greenman2ooo Banned

I couldn't justify one this year, but maybe next year. I think my sleep is worth $440 plus. Maybe you guys get back to sleep easier than I do???

We haven't even had a plowable snow yet and I'll guarantee I've lost plenty of sleep. Just my two cents.

7. Lazer

Lazer Senior Member

I am pretty well networked with my snowplowing collegues (competitiors) in my area and frequently talk to many (nextel) during a storm.

My question: Why not establish a local network with a central monitoring station to call guys when it snows? Everybody could specify call scenarios (Salt only, .5" 1" 1.5", etc.) and it could be staffed by a 24hr answering service (who are typically slow on the overnight anyway)

I think many guys would be willing to pay for this type of service at a minumal cost.

There's got to be a better way than getting up and looking out every 2 hours, especially when you get nothing. You feel like you worked half the night and have nothing to show for it.