1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

electronic rustproofing ?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by bob00, Dec 19, 2009.

1. bob00

bob00 Senior Member

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Been discussed before
    do a search

3. Acmemechanic

Acmemechanic Senior Member

Rust & Corrosion

To Bring It right to Its Basic Form Rust and Corrosion are Both Electrical Processes. Every Hot Water Heater Has A Sacrificial Anode Inside and If Changed Regularly Your Tank Could almost Last Forever. Large Ships And Submarines Have Them All Over Also. On Large Navy Ships They Have Two Dedicated Generators One Forward and One In The Rear Whose Job Is To Induce Current Into The Hull Thereby Thwarting Rust And Its Cousin Corrosion. The Device you Show Is Based On Solid Science As To The Products Function I Cant Tell. You Should Buy One and Give Us An Update In A Few Years:laughing::laughing:

4. doh

doh Senior Member

I install them on vehicles, I can say that the anodes do something. After the first yearly inspection of one of my first units, I noticed the paint is bubbling around the anode. After installing that one, I leant to scrape the paint under the anode to avoid this.