1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

electronic rust preventative

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by WBSII, Feb 3, 2004.

1. WBSII

WBSII Junior Member

Does anybody use electronic rust preventative? How does it work?
  2. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Dilectic grease. The ONLY way to fly! Around the shop, we have an ongoing joke, as it never gets called this. It's always "dislexic" or "derelectic".:D
  3. WBSII

WBSII Junior Member

I'm refering to a device that prevents electrolysis that causes body rot.
  4. dan deutekom

dan deutekom Member

Had an ford tempo with one of those devices on it. Don't think it worked worth a darn because it was the fastest rusting and rustiest car I ever owned.:realmad:
  5. JElmWin

JElmWin Senior Member

I agree with Dan. Those devices have been around a long time. Ask yourself this; If this device truly worked, then don't you think that everyone would already have one?:dizzy:
  6. mylawn03

mylawn03 Senior Member

Never even heard about those. Guess I'm just to young...lol...:redbounce
  7. vector6

vector6 Senior Member

believe it or not,
    only a few years after installing the "electronic Rustfroof Device" George's new car didn't look so well.

8. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I've got one of those on my truck, and if anything it is just piece of mind. I have no idea if it helps or not. My truck is developing rust, but nothing is completely preventive. I feel that it does inhibit some of the serious rust on my frame, because the rust surface takes on a strange hue. different than other vehicles I've seen.