1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

electronic rust control??

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Saltydawg, May 11, 2008.

1. Saltydawg

Saltydawg Junior Member

Anybody have any experience with those elctronic devices that are supposed to help control rust?
    The ones that use the cathode/anode deal.

I purchased a 07 f250 last year and had it undercoated by Zeibart when it was new but I plow in the heart of salt country and could use any help with further rust control.

2. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

Isn't zeibart an oil based application? I think you have to have it checked each year and reapplied every other year.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Where in NY? Most of the State is the heart of salt country! Try FF.

4. Saltydawg

Saltydawg Junior Member

I'm in Gowanda and yea most of New York gets dumped with salt. I hate the stuff cause it ruins my equipment.

The zeibart dries to a rubbery type coating and it does a good job where it's applied but it never fails the salt creeps to places the zeibart can't reach.

I don't have any rust on the truck yet but I'm just looking for ways to help keep it from showing up. I know it's coming, I'd just like to hold it off as long as possible.

5. secret_weapon

secret_weapon Senior Member

Those electronic rust inhibitors things don't work. Just a waste of money. I've seen those installed on cars with rust forming UNDER the anode. Stay away!

Spay the underside and where ever else needed with oil based coating or FLUID FILM.