1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Electronic Gurus -> Need help finding plug.

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by PerfiCut L&L, Dec 27, 2005.

1. PerfiCut L&L

PerfiCut L&L Senior Member

Anyone know where I can get a 2 wire male/female rubber connector.

I wired up a salt spreader suing 8ga wire and have it spliced at the rear bumper so it can be removed during the off season. Each year I have to cut and recrimp new connectors on. On top of that, every once in a while the connector(s) come lose from connecting & disconnecting them that they have to also be replaced.

I'd like to put something a little more permanent, and durable. Something like the connectors on the plow and or lights. Waterproof.

Ive tried searching google, and various electronic parts pages but cant seem to find anything.

Any ideas where I can get something that will fit the order?
  2. PerfiCut L&L

Computer techs...help answer why modem shorts computer.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
  3. markq

markq Member

You could use a trailer connector. Thats what I did for my aux backup lights.....I connected one end to my lights, and the other end to the supply on my truck.....I've never had a problem with it, and its waterproof.
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Try a winch plug. Available at Boat stores or four wheel drive shops. High amp, positive connection, not super expensive.
  5. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

Radio Shack has a two wire (red and Black) connector i'm not sure if they sell a weather prof one, the one i use i just keep dielectric grease on it.
  6. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

7. brunosplace

brunosplace Senior Member

Last edited: Dec 27, 2005
  8. PerfiCut L&L

Thanks Bruno, thats exactly what Im looking for.

Great suggestions by the rest, thanks. If this doesnt work I will try some of the other ideas brought up.
  9. tessdad

tessdad Member
    from S.E. MA