1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

electrical question???

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by vmj, Oct 22, 2013.

1. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

Have a dodge 3500 ram and have no power to the radio and dome lights... Checked all fuses and they are good. I have an accessorie wire that's pluged in for lights and I shorted it out by crimping it on the emergency break petal and now nothing works....... HELP!! Thanks

2. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

Pretty hard to help without even telling us what year.

3. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Look for the circuit fuse with the yellow clippy thing ..... Its a fight to get it out but I bet its blown:)

4. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

its a 2000 where is circuit fuse/ is that under dash? I think I saw something yellow under there

5. jhenderson9196

A lot oF times it's in conjunction with the air bag fuse. Under hood in fuse box. Yellow retainer clip. Next check the fuses in cab. Check your owners manual for location.

6. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

I have checked all fuses and they are good in both fuse boxes.... where whould that yellow circuit fuse be, in cab or under hood. Im figuring what ever blew is inbeteen engine and cab because I have no power for my acessiores that I plug in through cab fuse box.. Thanks

7. jhenderson9196

On my 04 it's under the hood. It's just a yellow retainer for the fuse. Someone may have removed it by now. The fuse box covers and the owners manual should list all fuse locations.

8. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

ill have to look again... I checked manual for which fuse is for radio and so on ,and all the fuses are good..

9. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

There's a fuse called the iod fuse located in the in cab fuse panel(IIRC Fuse #12).

My father- in- laws dodge just had the same problem, even if the fuse looks good replace it. If you have power mirrors check to see that they are working, if not "Bob's your uncle"

10. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

^^ +1 This was the circuit I was referring too. The cover might be black not yellow. The two side by side are for the air bags.

11. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

k im going to look this morning. the truck does not have power mirrors.. What is ^^+1 is that a fuse location? I yhink I see a case up under dash behind fuse panel that whould have two fuses in it but its hard to get at.....

12. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

#12 in cab panel I think. You'll see it.

I could also be a maxi fuse under the hood I blew that one one time doing something similar

13. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

im thinking its between battery and cab panel since there is no accessorie power either..

14. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

i'm going to check those fuses again.....

15. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn

Thanks for all the info.... it was a 50 amp fuse under the hood... had to test it, it didn't look blown!!! Thanks

16. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Those are called maxi fuses. Same one I blew

17. vmj

vmj Senior Member
    from conn