1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Electrical question dodge to gmc conversion

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by atom1013, Oct 24, 2012.

1. atom1013

atom1013 Junior Member

Hi, I am wondering if anyone knows If a 2009 dodge 2500 (29049 ) harness can be adapted to a 2011 gmc 2500 (29400-5)? I read the installation directions and looks like the headlights are what's different. Installed a few other older westerns but the electrical wasn't as involved. Any help would be much appreciated thanks

2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

If both trucks have single headlights (one on each side) then it's not a problem to make it work. But if the Dodge had singles and the GM has dual lights then it is not worth the stress. Spend the $200 and get the right harness.

3. atom1013

atom1013 Junior Member

Yea I am pretty sure the dodge was a single and I know the gmc is dual. Thanks

4. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

GM duals are difficult enough even with the correct harness. Don't put the headlights back in until you have verified that the plow lights work because they can plug in two ways, its a 50/50 chance that you get it right. And if you get them wrong the plow lights won't work so you have to pull the truck lights out again to flip that plug.

5. atom1013

atom1013 Junior Member

Thanks for the advice. I am gonna go tomorrow and pickup the correct harness. I appreciate it.