1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

electrical probs

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by bcf, Nov 21, 2005.

1. bcf

bcf Senior Member

I can't figure it out. I mountedx the plow today, and it operates, but all the plow lights come on when just the markers should be on, aswell as when the headlight switch is pulled all the way out. But the plowlights seem to be stuck on high beams, and when I flick on the high beams i the headlight position, they go off, but it the parking light position they do nothing. All turn signals work as they should, and all light work fine with the harness disconnected. I checked the 4 relays several times, even replaced them all, and nothing. Any suggestions? It's a Unimount on a '97 Dodge Ram 2500.

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

sounds like you have the wrong harness, the 97's should only have 2 relays and what you have is a 99 and newer harness for the low drive wiring. I have to do some looking but i think you have to change the headlights also.

3. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Crash

The dealer said the harness would work on a 97 on up, and I think it even says on the wiring manual for Dodge Rams 94 on up. :confused: BCF, do you have the solenoid hooked up right? Just trying to think of everything that could be wrong......kinda pi$$ed that the dealer was wrong. Do you want to ship it back to me and I will give you your money back for that?

Last edited: Nov 22, 2005
  4. bcf

bcf Senior Member

I pretty sure the solenoid is hooked up right. I double chekc on the manual cover and call my dealer and see what he says. I was there on Friday and had him look at everything and he didn't say anything about the harness. I guess there is no way to convert this harness to using two relays?

5. bcf

bcf Senior Member

My fault. I was following the wrong schematics last night. Followed the right one today, and it works like a charm. Thanks guys.

6. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

good! Did you install the mount yourself or did you have the dealer do it?