1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Electrical Problem

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Mattruck1992, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Mattruck1992

Mattruck1992 Junior Member

Ok I am pretty good at electronics and things like that

But today I decided to try to get the plow on my dad's truck (soon to be mine) which is a 97 or 98 Ford F-350. It has a Meyer E-60 pump on it. The plow has not been used in 5 or so years and needed some work. I tested the solonoid that was off the battery it tested bad so we replaced it then went to hook everything back up. When every thing powered back up and hit the up button on the controller there was a sound that sounded like something was shorting out but the plow went up. We then tried to move it left, right, or down but none of those worked. So to get it down we turned off the truck, the plow went down but the pump stayed on and started to melt the insulation on the positive wire going to the pump, the only way we could get it to stop was to cut the wire to the solonoid.

My question is what could have caused this and do you guys think this is fixable

2. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

bad switch ..or possibly u installed the soilinoid incorrectly