1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

electrical problem

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by farmall-joe, Aug 16, 2006.

1. farmall-joe

farmall-joe Junior Member

Had a new meyer 7.5 installed on my Dodge 1500. They told me that when turning on plow lights, the warning light on dash comes on " Lamp Out". When switch plow lights off dash light goes off. Ok, no problem..Drove home and noticed that the dash light "Lamp Out" was back on, but plow lights were off. Turn the trucks headlights on and noticed that the drivers side light was off. Brought the truck back and the mechanic thought it was a bad module. Replaced the module, did the same thing. They think it might be the wiring harness?
    Anyone with a Meyer Plow on a newer Dodge that has or has not expierenced the same problem.

A friend has a fisher plow and when he turns the plow lights on, it doesn't trigger the dash warning light.
  2. KenG

KenG Senior Member
    from MA

If the Meyer light modules are the same as they were last year, they have a wire that must be grounded to work properly. If it is screwed to a painted surface on the inner fender or something, it may not be a very good ground. That's what I'd check first.
  3. jfpjr

jfpjr Junior Member

Light Adapter

I would also check the light adapter used. There are two as I recal for that particular vehicle. The one you should have is P/N# 07221. This could be the problem as well.

Good Luck!