1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

electrical issues

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by 2low4nh, Mar 9, 2013.

1. 2low4nh

2low4nh Member
    from NH

Okay I am about to blow this plow up. besides a bunch of garbage welds breaking on the A-frame I have been having an electric issue the last 2 storms. its almost like the plow is shorting out the whole truck. its mostly on the up and angle right. if I am stacking or trying to angle right with the plow down. It drains my battery way down check engine light,ABS, voltage lights come on. RPM's drop down and the plow will not move. If I go left its fine down its fine or if I pick the plow up with no snow and angle right its fine. what could be causing this? the plow is the pre fisher blizzard 8600 straight blade.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

How long since you've serviced it? What condition are the cables in, are they attached directly to the battery? Have you checked for obstructions in the hydraulics flow since it is only happening to the two functions? hanging valves, clogged filters/screens,etc? Have you checked the wiring for pinched wires, bare spots, highly corroded connections?

3. 2low4nh

2low4nh Member
    from NH

cables are all good all wiring is good. I believe the solenoid is connected direct to battery. I need to have it serviced. I used it 2 storms last year plus this whole season with no service yet.

4. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Motor about to call it quits? May be lots of crud in your pump reservoir causing your pump to create high load on the motor?

5. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

Might want to check for any play in your pump mounting brackets. When mine broke and came loose it pulled the draw latch switch loose and blew the fuse to the controller.

6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

double ck your coils. really look at them. could be that they are going out.

7. 2low4nh

2low4nh Member
    from NH

my fuse did blow several times for the controller as well.

8. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

With the controller fuse blowing-check back each connection for loose pins at connectors, any frayed wiring, especially where goes thru firewall. Check your toggle switch and wiring. Also check ground connection and clean. It will be something simple and you will kick yourself!

9. 2low4nh

2low4nh Member
    from NH

I did find a screw on top of the float solenoid was loose. I have not had a chance to work out the plow to see if it still has issues