1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

electrical issue...

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by mudbugII, Dec 22, 2009.

1. mudbugII

mudbugII Junior Member

I have an older Diamond plow (orignially belt driven, but converted over to electric). My wife drove the truck and dropped a package on the control unit, causing it to raise the mount (the plow was off the truck at the time). It raised it to full extension, and it stayed on "lift" for probably 7 minutes or so till she shut the truck off.

The electrical burning smell is still lingering several hours later. I have power to the motor, and the electrical portion of the motor appears to run. My guess is something in the control unit itself, but, I am not sure what to test.

Any suggestions?

2. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

Chances are, the solenoid got really overheated.....see if the smell is coming from there.