1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Electrical issue

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by rlander06, Nov 26, 2013.

1. rlander06

rlander06 Junior Member

I have a Western Unimount plow. This has the 6 relays that everyone likes. The problem I have is that the plow works as it should up,down left and right but I have no plow lights at all. Also when I put a left hand turn signal on the plow drops, only if the power to the joy stick is on. I checked all wiring under the hood, everything looks good. I did a continuity test on the white wire from the plug going to the lights and its got continuity. I kept the tester on the white wire at the light and touched the other pins and I get continuity on all of them. Would this be a ground issue or is this normal?
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Gnd issue I'm thinking. Try Westerns website under library 3port 4port and relay wiring