1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Electrical Issue

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by snowplowdog, Feb 6, 2011.

1. snowplowdog

snowplowdog Member

I'm having an electrical problem with my 90 Wrangler. Several circuts are dead but the fuses are not blown. Supposedly there is another fuse block/power distributation center in this Jeep but I can't locate it. I thought it was supposed to be by the battery but it's not there. Anyone have any ideas?
  2. 32vld

32vld Senior Member
    from LI, NY

If ford type where solenoid is separate from the starter, follow the positive battery cable to the stater solenoid then down to the starter, looking for split offs and burnt fuseable links, can have burnt fuseable links or open some where along there. If gm where the solenoid is part of the starter do the same search for split offs of the positive cable, and for the burnt fuseable links connected to solenoid.

Also many of todays cars use relays. You can have a bad relay.
  3. yamahagrizzly

yamahagrizzly Member

not sure about yj's but check the glove box area.
  4. snowplowdog

snowplowdog Member

I pulled the glove box out & checked behind it. Nothing. This thing is driving me nuts.
  5. sjwrangler

sjwrangler Member

YJs do not have fuses in the glove box. I have a 92, and there is s small typical fuse box under the driver's side dash, and the main center is the PDC (power distribution center), next to the battery. This has the main relays and fuses. If there PDC is not there, I would trace the hot lead from the battery, it has to lead to the PDC to power all the relays.