1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Electrical Help

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by cold_and_tired, Jan 3, 2010.

1. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

I built myself a new console to house my CB, spreader controller and a variety of switches and gauges.

I have always had a switch to control the power going to my subwoofer and when I switched everything over to the new console, the subwoofer switch now cuts power to the radio as well as the sub.

I thought I had everything wired up identical to the way it was before, but I guess something got crossed.

The power for the switch is tied into the radio fuse but I dont see how that could be putting the switch inline with the radio power.

It got dark and freakin cold outside when I finally realized what the problem was, so I really havent had time to mess around with it.

Anyone have any ideas?
  2. In2toys

In2toys Senior Member

I think.... god help us... :eek: that you pulled the power from the wrong side of the switch. If that makes sense. not sure.... I'd have to see it. I'd like to see a pic of your console as well. good luck
  3. cold_and_tired

Here is the console. The empty spot is going to house six gauges with room for four more switches if ever necessary.

4. cold_and_tired

OK, I figured everything out but now I dont have power at the #32 fuse. It is the radio (start) fuse.

The fuse is fine and I have tried a few different ones.

I do have power at the #11 radio (main) fuse.

I hate electricity!

Anyone have any ideas?
  5. dfrommi

dfrommi Junior Member

what exactly is the switch doing? is it running power for your newly installed equipment? if so this may be too much power being drawn for said fuses/gauge wire. do your self a favor and run the power for the subwoofer and your new gadgets separately from any fuse to deal with the radio. find a constant +12v at least 8gauge wire and grounded properly. best bet is off the main fuse box in the engine bay