1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

electrical connection problem..

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Pa Teeny, Jan 24, 2012.

1. I had some corrossion and used battery terminal cleaner to clean out the connection for a boss plow.....I saw it was getting slightly green or corroded and wanted to know what people use to break corrosion down and stop it from occuring...I used a light grease and the terminal clean to do both.

I have heard that window cleaner works but not sure...

Thanks. Let it snow...let it snow....

2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

It's called Dielectric Tune Up Grease Some people put it on their toast in the morning. (Not Really, They just use it that much)
    It protect's connections and keeps water out. It is a must have in any plow man's tool box. It is put on any cleaned electrical connection. Bulbs when you install them. Inside spark plug boots, bushings that hold light Assemblies in, battery terminals and inside any electrical junction plug.
    Auto parts stores have big tubes of the stuff.
    My garage grinds to a halt without it.

3. Thanks....

4. Jacobsmovinsnow

Jacobsmovinsnow Senior Member

My foreman whos father used to run a trucking business justs cleans the posts up real well and liberally coats it with wheel bearing/chassis grease then installs the cables. He took a while to convince me as I was taught to keep em grease free and clean. However I am now convinced and all my equipment has "greased" battery terminals. So save the ex pense and go for what you probably h ave in the shop.

5. doyles

doyles Member

i have heard of people using fluid film