1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Electric Under body Salter?

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by to_buy, Mar 2, 2008.

1. to_buy

to_buy Senior Member

I have a friend that has a Mason dump truck and is looking for a electric under body salter so he can use bulk salt, but doesn't want the bother of the pto pump. Anyone here of anything let me know please.
    Richard Tobias
    to_buy@yahoo.com
    Salter in subject line

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Snowex makes one, I have seen a few guys around with them but have not heard any comments.

3. dsc

dsc Junior Member

Check out Truckcraft. I own a TC-130, great product.

4. BulldogPS

BulldogPS Member

spreader for masons dump

Downeaster makes a full electric tailgate sander that works great. I have one mounted on their dump insert on my pickup. They make a bracket to clip it to a masons dump. I can install or remove it myself with an engine hoist in 5 minutes, stainless cost me about $3500. Dual direction auger feeds material to center, Breaker bar with tines breaks up clumps, spinner casts easily 40ft. they also make a variable speed controller to slow down the spinner for better control.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Best by far is the Truckcraft TC-160, available in a 88 or 96 inch width

It is a undertailgate not tailgate replacement, looks and performs like a hydraulic drive unit only electric powered.

Loved by all who've used them

6. KCAPXIS

KCAPXIS Senior Member
    from NE PA.

I have a TC 160 used for sale, great shape and read to go there are pics search for TC 160 in this form