1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Electric throttle on Air-Flo

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by GSullivan, Jul 22, 2010.

1. GSullivan

GSullivan Senior Member

I'd like to know do I have to run a throttle on my Air-flo?I'm asking because mine is not working and I won't replace it if I don't have to.Does it make the spinner throw any faster?Any info on this subject would be great.:mechanic:
  2. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

When you engage the clutch, The spinner and conveyor are locked to the engine and the speed will increase with engine RPM's. The higher the rpm's, the farther it will throw. I usually run at full throttle but there are times in narrow places I will back off the throttle so it wont throw as far. In between stops, I will drop it down to idle. So, you should replace the electric unit so it works properly.

I suppose you could rig it so it'll stay up but you might have a hard time starting it.
    The part to replace it I think is around 200 bucks