1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

electric tailgate for dump truck

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by andrewlawnrangr, Aug 21, 2007.

1. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

hello all i am looking for a electric under tailgate spreader for a dump truck not sure if its 88" but i dont have any hydro hook-up. i know meyer and some one else makes one but is there an electric one?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2007
  2. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

truckcraft makes one im looking at it to.
  3. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

The truck craft has both a replacement tailgate unit and undertailgate unit. Both are very nice and very reliable. RCPD has a replacement unit and swears by it.

I have central hydraulics. If you plan to go that route, plan on spending an extra $3500 or so just for the hydraulics. Then another $3500 for the spreader. I will say this. Once you central you never go back.
  4. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

There is a Truck Craft 140 on ebay right now for $1400.00.
  5. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

I saw a SnowEx one last year at thier facility. It is suppose to be released this year. It looked pretty good but i heard rumors there that it was going to retail around $5k.
    They also had a 4 yard version of the V-Pro 8500.