1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Electric spreaders in Midwest?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by ROSELAWN, Oct 19, 2003.

1. ROSELAWN

ROSELAWN Member

Anyone know where to get a Smith, or other Electric 8' V-box spreader in the Midwest?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2003
  2. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

If I recall correctly for Smith, I call the factory 2 years ago before I got my new V-box, Chicago was the closest dealer.

I talked to the dealer on the phone, decided against getting one, mainly since the dealer's answer to all my questions was "That doesn't matter".

:realmad:

So I bought a gas model very satified.

Rick

3. ROSELAWN

ROSELAWN Member

Thanks Rooster, I think I will go with the Fisher Pro-Caster. What do you know about Drake Scruggs in Grandview? They are the only dealer in town now that Mid America Golf and Turf is out of business.

4. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

Don't know anything, I switched from Fisher, when I bought my new truck and couldn't get a price from Mid-American, No customer service as far as I was concerned.
    Went to Boss products.

Rick

5. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

I sent off an email to Smith Industries. We will if they respond.
    Dino

6. threefourths

threefourths Junior Member

Smith Spreaders are available through a dealer called Truck and Trailer in Lansing, MI. Their phone # 517-322-2088. You can also the Smith factory at 315-331-1651 Mon thru Fri 7:30 to 4pm EST.
    Email at Smith@smithspreaders.com.

7. threefourths

threefourths Junior Member

You may also be able to purchase a Smith Spreader factory direct, depending how far away the closest dealer is.
    www.smithspreaders.com

8. Bighammer

Bighammer Member

For a Smith stainless V Box Call Kalida Truck Equipmenet in Toledo. Ask for Butch.

9. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

ROSELAWN, if you go with the Fisher Pro-Caster, I'd recommend insisting on the Honda motor if it's still an option.

10. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

Roselawn.... Check out Mid-state Truck. They are in Indianapolis, Indiana northside. Ask for Vance and tell him Indy Property Care reffered you.

11. Highpoint

Highpoint Senior Member

Any reason you are not considering the VP8000 electric from SnowEx?

12. ROSELAWN

ROSELAWN Member

Yes, no dealer in my area. Service is an important part of my decision.

13. Highpoint

Highpoint Senior Member

No offence but the other brands seem to not have a dealer any where near you. I know of a dealer not 2 hours away. PM me and I'll get you the info on that VP8000. He has one in stock. Bill