1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Electric Sander Question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Toomuchfun, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Toomuchfun

Toomuchfun Junior Member
    from Vermont

I'm buying another 8' SS Downeaster and leaning towards the dual electric. Always had the gas or gas/hydraulic models. If a load of sand is left in the hopper overnight in a heated shop, will the 3/4 electric motor have any problem pulling the bed chain through the load? Also, is there any problem when the small amount of sand that collects in front of the sander freezes overnight? Trucks are left outside most of the time. And one last question, is the initial setup pretty straightforward? Thanks

2. GLLLC

GLLLC Member
    from CT

We have 5 dual electric downeasters now. we only run salt though as far as the salt in front of the conveyer chain it has never been a problem when it gets hard. I don't see a problem with leaving sand in it as long as it doesn't freeze like in any sander. If your gonna be running sand I would make sure you get the inverted v for the drag chain. Trust me once you get a electric sander you will never go back to gas.

3. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

I have a Arflo electric. I would never go back to gas.

4. R75419

R75419 Senior Member

We wont ever go back to gas either. The auger style is better IMO, you have roughly the same drive components with 2 less bearings and no chain links to bind rust break etc.