1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

electric problem fuel guage ??

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by campi, Oct 9, 2003.

1. campi

campi Member

Hi, could use some help. I have chevy 1 ton had dual tanks on it . pass side was working until a few months ago. then it started leaking to much salt over 20 some yrs!!! we got a new one , sent us wrong side sent drivers side! worked out ok cause bought new bed filler hole on driver side!! the guys that put the tank in cut wires on pass side did away with selinoid ! new tank on driver side also new sending unit!! still have switch on dash dont know if I can by pass or not ? problem is wires cut on both sides dont know how to get fuel guage working ?? I know black ground from sending unit ! I have wires running on both sides of the frame all I want to to get fuel guage working???? does any one know what color wires from sending unit to guage??? benn under truck for days!!!! if any body can help I can sure use it thanks again campi !!!! SOrry for long post !! buy the way the guys that put every thing together are gone or they would fixing it they got paid for it!!!!! thanks again!!! GREAT SITE ( best thing i ever did was to sign) !!!!!!!
  2. 75gmck25

75gmck25 Senior Member

Take a look at the wiring diagram I posted on the thread about problems with dual tanks.

The color codes in this diagram should match your '80 1 ton, since it matched both my '75 and the '81 1 3/4 ton I used as a donor for my leftside tank.

3. campi

campi Member

wireing diagram

thanks , how do i find diagram posted new to site thanks Campi!!!!! ???????
  4. Crazy_Eddie

Crazy_Eddie Member

5. wyldman

wyldman Member

Wire to fuel gauge can be either tan or pink.You can check the wires with a test light and the key on.The wire going to the gauge will light the test light,but very dim.