1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Electric Motor Part #

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Mark13, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Haven't spent to much time looking around my v plow yet but I'm pretty sure it needs a motor. Calling the local dealer and they gave me a part number of HYD 01463. All I can find online is 01563. Is this the same motor with just a new part number or is the 01463 motor just hard to find?

Plow is a 2003 9.2 Poly V. Serial #71199

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

HYD01563 is what you're after.

3. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Thanks B&B! Is there a good way to test the motor aside from just hooking power directly to it and seeing if anything happens?

Motor had been loud for a little while, suddenly the plow was responding slow then wouldn't pick up at all. Solenoid just clicks when I try and make the plow do anything. Motor makes no noise. My other plow works perfect on the truck so I know it's not a truck side problem.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Hotwire it with a set of jumper cables as you mentioned Mark as it's the quickest and most thorough test. If it still doesn't run then it's DOA. If it's been noisy for a while it's due anyway.

5. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Tested it with the battery charger. Notta thing happened. Got a new motor ordered up.

6. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Couple pics from today.

Old vs New.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Back in action.
    [​IMG]

Ordered the motor from Joe at GotPlowParts, showed up quickly all the way from NY and was very fairly priced. Definitely good to do business with.

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Good job. Doesn't look too bad for a 10 year old unit either.