1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

electric/hydraulic speedcast

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by serafii, Jul 29, 2011.

1. serafii

serafii Senior Member

i just picked up a 99 chevy 3500 srw 2 months ago and a buddy of mine is giving me his barely used speedcast for free. i love the old speedcast plows, except for the belt driven pump. my local plow shop installs monarch electric/hydraulic units on the old speedcasts. but they want $2000 for it. is there another way of doing this at a lower cost?

2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I don't se why you couldn't take an electric/hydrolic pump off a MM1 and put it on your Speed Cast.

3. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

That is crazy. You can also get a hyd. unit. I used a Fenner set up. See my Diamond conversion and you will see how I did it.
    T.J.

4. serafii

serafii Senior Member

If I were to use the mm1 setup. What would I need?

5. bob00

bob00 Senior Member

the easiest will be an Shep pump, controller, relay, power cable and some wiring

not one of my truck use original fisher wiring they all use my home made control and lighting wiring witch is basically a 3 plug set up 1 power ( fisher original) 1 control (a flat 4 pin trailer plug ) and 1 light ( trailer plug round 6 pin )

6. Mainiac

Mainiac Member

I put a haldex snow plow unit under the hood of my truck.I found it on Ebay for cheap. I also installed a 200 amp alternator. My lights don't dim very much at all and the blade lifts real nice. Northern tool has one on their site.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_613_613

I should post something on YouTube, I have the technology. Good luck.

7. serafii

serafii Senior Member

my local plow shop is telling me that the fisher speedcast wont fit on my 99 chevy obs. can anyone tell me if it will fit or not?

and can someone tell me what i would need exactly if i were to go with the SEHP pump mounted to the speedcast. thanks.

8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

What year truck did it come off? It's technically illegal to put that plow on a 99 truck. But you wouldn't be the first;)

9. serafii

serafii Senior Member

I believe it came off a 96 chevy 2500. Why is it illegal?

10. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Plow frame is still on and if you hit someone....Is the99 a standard?

11. serafii

serafii Senior Member

Both trucks are regular cab long box

12. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I mean is it a stick shift?

13. serafii

serafii Senior Member

No, auto. Unfortunately

14. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

A SEHP will mount to a speedcast triangle and upright. You could convert the Speedcast plow and A-frame to a MM1 uprights and set up. If you could find a MM1 with a SEHP without the plow and A frame you would be good. Then you would have to get the truck side mounts as well.

Can someone tell me what OBS means.

T.J.

15. serafii

serafii Senior Member

OBS means old body style. I think I'm gonna find the sehp pump and go from there.

16. bob00

bob00 Senior Member

for the shep pump there is one in sherbrook an hour and a half from montreal http://www.lespac.com/outils-materiaux/equipements-saisonniers/sherbrooke/d-fisher-LPaZZ24298970WWcpZZ83WWgrZZ10

and there is a user here NHresident i buy few thing from him without any problem ( 2 push plate set, few controller and a insta-act pump) you can pm him i am pretty sure i got one in hands and can help you out with the wiring

or you can custom built your wiring to save few $ if you got electric skill ( its not hard just double and triple check before power up to make sure you controller is not gonna fry)

17. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

If the trucks look basically the same, it will fit. They are both 350 engines?

Any pickup/SUV built after Jan 94 cannot have a permanently attached plow mount extend past the front bumper.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  18. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

where dose it say that? got 96 here with speed cast put it on in 07 and plow frame stays on all year.

19. serafii

serafii Senior Member

Bob00, can you tell me what you used to make your own wiring. I've never done this so I'd appreciate the help. Thanks