1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Electric Fans

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by I RocDuP I, Sep 10, 2012.

1. I RocDuP I

I RocDuP I Member

I have a 2011 Silverado 1500 that has an 8' Hiniker on the front of it. I bought a Diablo Predator a few months back to turn off the terrible AFM. Playing around with the machine I noticed I can raise the fan speeds at certain temps. Just wondering if anyone has ever played around with theres. More airflow couldnt hurt, not like I had any overheating problems last year.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

I had 2 fans on my old 454. I did have some overheating issues problem was when the grill got iced over and no airflow got into it. Had to stop and chip it off, I then played with reversing the fan rotation, but then it didn't cool as well, it just melted the ice enough

3. I RocDuP I

I RocDuP I Member

I havent had a problem with the grill iceing up or overheating, but just thought of raising the fan speeds a little on the low end just to get airflow started a little sooner. I figured it couldnt hurt for the transmission and engine temps.

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

This would help. Just gotta watch your volts a little closer,,might drain a little more while plowing