1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Electric Fan on Hemi

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by sebass, Apr 10, 2016.

1. sebass

sebass Junior Member

OK so the search revealed little results. The 07 hemi has a mechanical fan for the radiator etc. and an electric fan for the AC condenser.
    I've been doing some research online and it looks like I can put a e fan on from a v8 grand Cherokee for a lot cheaper than any of the aftermarket bolt ons.
    However I'm worried that an electric fan may not cool the truck enough when the plow is on. I just picked the truck up and I have a bit of work to do on it but I've been getting 10.5-12 mpg (4x4 megacab) I'd like the fan to see if I could boost mileage a bit... Even .5 mpg is helpful over time.
    I should also say the truck only plows my drive, and I rarely drive anywhere with the plow on.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
  2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I would worry about it. I took the mechanical fan off my Jeep years ago. I don't plow with it either.

3. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

I have troyer performance fans on my 150. Paid $450 I think for setup. No issues in 8 years

4. sebass

sebass Junior Member

I was thinking aftermarket replacement for the grand Cherokee that will bolt right to my existing fan shroud. Total cost for fan and controller will be around $100.

5. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

I took the shroud off. But mine was huge. Mine are mounted to radiator on a custom bracket.

I had issues with the fan clutch that's why I did it

6. sebass

sebass Junior Member

I suppose I could make a custom bracket I have all of the stuff to fab any kind of bracket I want, and I'm sure putting it next to the radiator would increase the fans cooling efficiency. However the RAM has the coolant and washer bottles attached to the shroud which was why I was thinking of saving it originally.