1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Electric fan for Chevy

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by CK82, Jan 22, 2009.

1. CK82

CK82 Senior Member

I am looking for an online site where I can purchase a aftermarket electric fan for my 1995 Chevy. The current fan is discontinued and I am not sure of the part number at this point. I was going to hook up the new fan by hard wiring it since the orginial is hooked up to a sensor. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Chris
  2. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Summit raceing Its going to cost you tho
  3. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

MAR4CARS Senior Member

Is this for a 1995 2500 ? Never seen an electric fan on them from factory only OEM clutch fans.You sure someone didn't install an aftermarket electric fan kit in it ?
  5. CK82

CK82 Senior Member

I thought it was an aftermarket fan as well. The mechanic working on the truck said he had a schematic and a part number for the discontinued fan. I'm not sure if it came with one because of the 454 engine or what.
  6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The aux fan is factory...and only the 454's came with them, which is why many guys aren't aware that they even existed.

Used to be able to buy the fan motors in the aftermarket (NAPA for example) but not sure if their still available. Have to check.
  7. CK82

CK82 Senior Member

Ok thanks for the info!