1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Electric control conversion for old sander

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by chrissheerman, Jan 7, 2010.

1. chrissheerman

chrissheerman Junior Member

Hi looking for some help here. I bought a old sander last fall and have been trying to decide what to do about it. It has the old hard wire controls and the long throttle cable that goes from the cab all the way back to the motor. I was wondering if there was any way to convert it to a newer style that is wireless so that I could be able to take it in and out of the truck easier and use it in a different truck. Does anyone make a conversion kit?? Please help.

2. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

you can buy a electronic throttle control and put an electric clutch on it. thats the way my ice-o-way is setup. Mine is hardwired, but i'm sure you could very easily add a wireless controller too.
  3. chrissheerman

chrissheerman Junior Member

The sander has an electric clutch on it if thats what you mean about the clutch. so ice o way has a hard wire setup with some kind of throttle postion control in the cab thats all electronic. that would work to I would just need to use like a trailer plugin so I could have both trucks wired and just plug the sander in. where could I get those throttle control parts i dont have a ice o way dealer in the area that I know of thanks for the help.