1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Electrcal Problems

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by lodogg89, Jan 24, 2007.

1. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

I have a couple of stupid electrical problems with my truck, first is the outside tempature guage goes wacky half of the time. It will read 120 degrees when its snowing outside. Next is the Radio. The clock goes out in it all the time. Doesnt keep the right time. THe stations dont reset themselves though. Any ideas.

Truck is 2005 GMC

2. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

I know this isn't much help, but a 2005 should still be under warranty... take it back and have the dealer fix it...

3. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

im out of my factory warrenty by 600 miles,i do have extended though, id rather them not see the plow on my truck though

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

lodogg, does the truck only experience these problems when your plowing or does it happen any time?

5. Snowbrdr360

Snowbrdr360 Senior Member

My outside temp gauge goes nuts when the plow is now, blocks the airflow and reads engine compartment temp:)

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Right, that's why I asked lodogg about when he has the problem.Wild temp swings on the display are normal on the Silverado's when running with the plow on.But I was also curious about the radio display too.

7. GetMore

GetMore Senior Member

FWIW, the radio stations seem to be stored in non-volatile memory, while your clock is not. When I rewired my plow I lost the time but not the radio stations.

8. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

i think the temp is mainly due to the plow, but im still confused about the clock.

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Do you only have "clock problem's" when using the plow?

10. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

no clock happens all the time,

11. Snowbrdr360

Snowbrdr360 Senior Member

You have a Denali right?? do they still have 2 clocks in there, or is it just the radio clock

12. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Man you must drive that truck all over the place 600 miles in not that big of a deal... a good dealer will still do warranty work when your over such a small amount..

Thinking about it. Have you checked the voltage on you battery with a volt meter?? The only reason I can think for the radio clock to loose it's time is that you are experiencing a major voltage drop at some point.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2007
  13. Fisher05f350

Fisher05f350 Junior Member

I'll share my experice I'm not a Chevy guy but could be close to the same problem... 05 F350 radio would shut down every so often and esp. when I would open or close the drivers door... Took it in they tracked down the problem with a broken wire in the boot from the cab to the door... might want to take a look see..

14. Any dealer worth his salt will take care of those issues for you at only 600 miles over the factory warranty.