1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Elderly complex/Resident Help

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Team_Arctic, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Team_Arctic

Team_Arctic Senior Member

I do several Elderly/Disabled Apartment complexes. As anyone who does these knows there is always 1 person who likes it done a particular way. If it is not done that way they are sure to remind you and spread the word. Every year I have someone at these buildings ask if i need any resident help but always decline. Has anyone ever "Hired" them just to keep the peace?

2. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

It is a fine line to walk. From the few that I do I see a definite parallel to high school. They all have there cliques, groups that they hang out in and disparage one another. If you pick one you alienate a whole other group. My best advise is smile crack a joke, friendly banter. If they ask to help, "Thank you for offering but I'm fine..."

3. Team_Arctic

Team_Arctic Senior Member

I normally just state that we are not currently hiring but if you would like to put an application in at the office you are welcome to and if we have the need for more help we can look at your application.

4. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

Never had anyone apply for a job! Most would not ne interested in the sidewalk crew.

But as strange as it sounds, I do have old guys get in their cars and follow me around the property. Daytime, night time, no matter. I always stop when cars are in motion on these properties, they need a clear 18' to pass! I just keep an eye on them now.