1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

El nino 2014-15

Discussion in 'Weather' started by FISHERBOY, Apr 27, 2014.

1. FISHERBOY

FISHERBOY Senior Member

By now if you haven't heard there's an el nino developing , out in the pacific ocean. Now over the next few months your gonna hear all the climate clowns screaming warm hot blah blah. http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/analysis_monitoring/ensostuff/ninoareas_c.jpghttps://encrypted-

tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR60wurRZlDKZNzD2L83ci5z8fyz1AKpq4HlJsZn2R0GPFOcj0I-w

This el nino is very different its called a madouki el nino, based in the western pacific. Summer time in the Great Lakes, Northeast & New England looks to be slightly cooler than normal, with center of cool focused over the Mid West and Great Lakes.

As for winter I believe the southern mid Atlantic is in for a heck of a winter very similar to 09-10, the northeast should fair out pretty well to with snow.

I'll keep everyone updatedThumbs Up

Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Must be right,we can't get into the 60's.Haven't even started cutting yet.

3. truckitup

truckitup Senior Member

I mowed my own today, to check out the mower and make sure everything works. Had jacket on gloves and a hat, it was only 41 out side. I would love to see 60-70 out side.

I did get the Harley out the other day for 150 mile ride. I was up in your neck of the woods GV. Clarence, NY

4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Pfffft, whatever.

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Mark knows if its going to be hot summer by how far up Belinda shaves!

6. Mark Oomkes

Lol Scottie.

I ain't asking or looking.

7. FISHERBOY

FISHERBOY Senior Member

Right now this el nino seems to be setting up in Nino regions 3.4-4, which is right near the international date line, which promotes a trough around the Aleutians islands and a ridge on the west coast and a trough on the east coast. Another update will be in late October

8. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

What does that mean for snow for the eastern half of the country?

9. FISHERBOY

FISHERBOY Senior Member

East

IT does promote a robust sub tropical jet stream, and combine that with an polar/arctic jet and bam you can get Nor' Easters,:eek: still it all depends if we have 50/50 low(around 50n-and 50w)

10. TheXpress2002

TheXpress2002 2000 Club Member
    from Canton

I am glad someone else on here truly understands the implications of the Pacific waters rather than just screaming Nino and Nina....hot and cold

IMO...the upcoming winter will be like a sequel to a movie. It wont be as good as the first but it will still be entertaining

11. Mark Oomkes

So we'll only be getting 114" of snow and 120 sleepless nights?

12. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm game!!!

13. Citytow

Citytow Senior Member
    from phila

14. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

What do you care? Your hanging it up. :nod:

15. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict