1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Either he had a backup truck or left for Fla,

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grandview, Nov 29, 2015.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

From last years snow storm.

[​IMG]

2. Landcare - Mont

Landcare - Mont Senior Member

But he put out a warning triangle...

3. scottr

scottr Senior Member

wow, that is ugly.

4. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

That is really ugly - I see cars for sale parked along county roads, sometimes the windows are blown out from snow thrown off the plows....

5. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

How bad was that storm really - I understood that it was a narrow band that dumped 7', but how long did it take or last? We get an occasional bad one that'll do 2" or better per hour for maybe a foot or so, had one 20" night but that's a far cry from 7'...

6. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

Oh my damn

7. grandview

7 feet ,2 days

8. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

That s***ks!

9. grandview

We have had other ones like this. another 7 footer in 2001 ,an Oct storm with 36 inches over night with very wet snow,another 40 inch snow in 24 hrs, so just another to plow through.

10. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

Looks like he got rich quick in the snow business!!!!

11. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

He should have bought a Ford. Rookie mistake.

12. LogansLawnCare

LogansLawnCare Member

Now thats what I call getting stuck!

13. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

That's rough, I can't see some one just leaving their truck. The plow looks fairly new. I'm sure it went to wrecker jail.

14. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Road plow got the fender in good order....

15. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Maybe it is just the camera angle but it looks like the plow is pretty far away from the truck. Wonder if it was still attached.

16. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

It was bad, The NYS Thruway was closed and people trapped in there cars and big rigs. The lowboys and operators were stranded and had to unload wheel loaders about 15 miles east of buffalo and drive them into the city.

A friend of mine much bigger than me bid on the state Contract and was awarded it. He is not in the snow business but had the bonding capitol. He had another contractor much bigger than me with his own lowboys and wheel loaders do the job.

I managed to get one of my loaders in on it because the other guy only had three available that were not dedicated out. If I remember correctly the band was less in 23 miles wide. Still Raised hell.

17. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

Blown tranny , damn full trip!

18. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

LoL I'm sure he had to bail it out.

19. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

I know a ton of contractors from Rochester that went there to help clear people out with loaders. That is an hour drive with a normal car in good condition. must have been a long drive down there! One guy i heard made a quarter million in the two days he was out there from how many loaders and operators he sent.

20. FredG

FredG 2000 Club Member

I have not been in Rochester everyday since 2008. I know back then there were a lot of contractors dedicated to Buffalo without a snow emergency.

Between Buffalo, Rochester and Syracuse. Buffalo gets the most snow in one snow fall. A lot of times Rochester had more inches total snow fall. To date Syracuse has had the most inches of all.