1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

EIS wiring harness

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by 99marshall99, Feb 16, 2009.

1. 99marshall99

99marshall99 Junior Member

Hi I am thinking of upgrading to an '08 F-250 or F-350 from my F-150 and would like to know if I am going to have to splice into the wiring again to hook up the EIS as I had to for the F-150. If I am going to have to do this, does anyone know of an HD truck that you don't have to do this to? I would like to leave my new truck as stock as possible. I am thinking a megablade would be a nice addition to the truck but may have to go with something else if SW doesn't have out the wireless ProControl by the time I decide to put a plow on it.

Thanks for your help!

2. TurfToppers

TurfToppers Junior Member

I helped a friend install a 32series 9' on his 08 F450 and we had to splice the EIS lights on it.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

It's getting harder to wire in the lights with out a little splicing. You need to diode it to prevent computer issues.

4. 99marshall99

Okay. So any new truck you will pretty much have to do splicing then unless Sno-way decides to diode the wiring. Do you have to splice into the wiring with other brands of plows as well for the lights?

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Most model (plows and trucks) require you to tap into the turn signials and parking lights. some of the new trucks REQUIRE diodes to eliminate the truck lights when the plow is plugged in prevent issues with the computer "seeing" to much amp draw.

6. 99marshall99

Ah, I get it now. Sno-Way is putting diodes in some of their wiring so it will work on the new trucks. Other manufacturers must do the same then?

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The DD triplets use iso-modules, and all the others will have to develop some type of system to deal with the extra amp draw confusing the computer.