1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

EIS vs. relay harness vs. remote

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by mikras1, Nov 11, 2008.

1. mikras1

mikras1 Junior Member

Hello all,

Can someone educate me on plow lights?
    Got my first plow and it’s a 22 with EIS. The tight area behind the grill on a small truck is now jammed full with EIS wires.

How is EIS better than the relay harness?
    Beyond that here’s what I’m thinking:
    Add another channel to the remote (2 for high beams) and a relay out on the plow for the Headlights and you can eliminate half of the EIS harness.
    You still need wires for the turn signals, but if they were connected in parallel, (like a T-tap for trailer wiring) you could eliminate the crisscross feedback (or whatever you call the hookup when the plow is not there) part of harness.

There must be some reason for the complexity of the EIS over the relay harness or the remote idea that I’m not seeing.
    TIA
    Mike

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Have you ever looked at what other manufaturers do for headlight wiring. Relays, modules, and switches? The EIS system is dead nuts simple, maybe you need to clean up the routing?