1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

EIS light kit neccessary?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by beungood, Jan 24, 2006.

1. beungood

beungood Member

I am looking at a Predator HT 8 foot Lexan blade I have two choices, One has a choice of either wireless or wired remote,and 3 pin mount with EIS light kit (1700)and my second choice is a ht96-8 foot predator with no light kit used 3 times with 1 year left on warrantyand needing a truck mount. Is the extra light kit needed or are my headlights enough with the Lexan blade? He says there is no need for a light kit as the blade is see through.

I have an 01 Silverado 2500HD crew cab Duramax.

Jack

2. jbelandscape

jbelandscape Member

You will need the head lights. I know the blade is clear but the second you get on the road and plowing, your blade will be more opaque than clear. I tried it with out the lights a couple of years ago and then had to buy them after one event. The clear blade makes sense in theory until it gets plastered with road grime.

I have since got rid of the that plow and have switched to western for the 2500hd's but I have a sno-way on a 92 chevy dump and just bought a 22 series for an s-10. We went with the wireless controler. We installed it ourselves and it was cake with the wireless. It is also kind of fun to play with also, you can stand about 20 feet away and move the plow.

Jeff

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Even if you can see, you need to make sure they see you. The minute there is an issue with another vehicle, they are going to scream I couldn't see him and the lack of lights are going to screw you.