1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

EGR valve?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Sharpshooter77, May 19, 2007.

1. Sharpshooter77

Sharpshooter77 Senior Member

O.K I just had the motor Mounts replaced on my 1995 F-350 5.8 windsor. As I was driving home my truck started to get louder and louder. I though it was something rom the cat back the was leaking. It turned out that the tube that connects the EGR valve to the passengerside manifold rotted off. I unbolted the tube from the top with no problem. But the tricky part is losening the fitting that goes in to the manifold. How would you got about unbloting the fitting that goes in to the mainifold . I know that I am going to have to put heat on it to get it out as it seems pretty we siezed. Any tips or heads up would be great. THANKS
    Shane

2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Believe it or not I got a pipe nipple to thread in to the hole when the pipe rusted off. I used pipe fittings to reconnect the EGR, It worked for about 3 years. It's just soooo tight in that area to work on it! You might luck out with heat but it will be no picnic with all the wires and vacuum lines and such so close to it.
    I just replaced the exhaust manifolds and the EGR pipe. The parts are available. I got the manifolds cheap off the internet. $56 vers $90 at Advance auto parts. THe EGR paipe I had to get at a Mom & Pop auto parts store. It ran like $46 I think? Highway robbery for that little piece of tubing.

Last edited: May 22, 2007
  3. Sharpshooter77

Sharpshooter77 Senior Member

Yea got it fixed today at the high school. I was able to go in and user one of there many lifts becasue its get close to the end of the year for school so instead to tieing everyone up. I came in early put the truck on the lift and then cut a little piece of the platic inner wheel well away. Then I put some heat on it and used a 32mm scoket and it came right out. I got the EGR valve tube from advanced auto parts for 25 bucks. Put it in and tighen everything up and used some wire ties to put the plastic piece back in, then I was good to go. There was only one ground wire that ran to the starter. I wasn't to bad to do. A lift makes all of the difference. :drinkup: :waving: :drinkup: :waving:

4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

You lucked out with that one. I tried Advance for my EGR pipe and they could not find it in the system. They tried to get the exhaust and it was back ordered