1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

egr delete

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by ygim, Jan 18, 2013.

1. ygim

ygim Member

Im new to diesel, wondering what an egr delete will do for me.

2. we need more info what truck is it going on and do you have a tuner

3. ygim

ygim Member

ford f250 08 no tuner completely stock.

4. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

Probably lower coolant and oil temps. But do not forget It will get you failed at the next inspection even with a tuner to turn off the light. Cannot tamper with any emission stuff in NY

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  5. ygim

ygim Member

enough said.

6. wilsonsground

wilsonsground Senior Member

You need a tuner first for the 6.4 tuner shuts it off when you delete it. Deleting it lowers your exhaust emps. Better for your head gaskets.

7. wilsonsground

wilsonsground Senior Member

Btw egr delete shouldn't turn on any check engine light. The tuner just says its shut off within the system.

8. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

The tuner will shut the egr off but it's a good idea to put the block off plates in as well. In case for some reason coolant gets in the coolers and the egr randomly cycles well guess where the coolant goes.

9. Evil Diesel

Evil Diesel Senior Member
    from Sharon

I have mine deleted egr and dpf. I still passed the emissions sniff test but would obviously fail the visual check if the guy knew what to look for. I'm in MA which has strict emissions testing.

10. Oxmow

Oxmow Senior Member

I've just gotten an 08 F-250 6.4 and will have my H & S XRT PRO and DPF delete pipe in the next couple of days. My dealer said the DPF needs to be replaced at about 2100 for the DPF...the tuner and pipe was half that!