1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

egr delete

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by dfdsuperduty, Mar 3, 2011.

1. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

Anyone know a reputable company in North West Indiana to do any egr delete kit on an 06 250
  2. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

we just had one done bye a guy in are area for $400 good luck truck runs 10 times better
  3. Drakeslayer

Drakeslayer 2000 Club Member
    from Carver

I am also looking for one in Minneapolis area.
  4. damian

damian Senior Member

deleting the egr valve isnt enough,you have to remove the egr cooler,replace the right side up pipe,hollow the cat if equipped,replace the oil cooler and see about a tuner to keep the check engine lamp off,then you have 80% of your 6.0 problems solved.
  5. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

I have already eliminated the cat and have a tuner in place
  6. simoncx

simoncx Senior Member

It's really not that hard just time consuming depending how much you want to do. You will probably have to get a sct with a egr delete tune, the banks 6 gun you have listed doesn't delete it if I remember right. There's alot of info on bulletproof diesel, oil cooler is also a good idea if your already there and theres alot of washers and gaskets, don't reuse the old ones.

IDOCTORTREES Senior Member
    from MONTANA

just had 4 of ours done 1300 each great improvement
  8. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

Anyone know of anybody in Northern WI or MN that does deletes?
  9. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Dave, text me tomorrow. I deal with MDI in Crown point, and know the 6.0 tech and the shop supervisor pretty well. They do more 6.0's than the dealer does these days, but they actually do stuff the right way Lol. I'm getting a bullet proof egr cooler done in my buddies truck here real soon. It took a sh!t in Missouri and he towed it here with my Dmax Monday ;)
  10. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

While you do the egr theres a cupple other key points to fix while your that far in. Upgraded turbo oil drain tube, updated STC hpop fitting, and you could upgrade to the banjo bolts and fuel regulator. Another main cause for clogged oil coolers and egr coolers and headgaskets, is the ford gold coolant! Switch that out to ELC. Most likely you'd have to use the restore process to flush and clean the cooling system. A coolant filter is important to get too! From what I hear your truck will love synthetic oil which I might be trying the rotella T6. Also, 6.0s need gauges if you want to monitor your trucks temps.
  11. wewille

wewille Senior Member

Wanna come up to south central Wisconsin? Pm me if you would like. It looks like your a veteran, id love to help you out.
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2011