1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

EGR Delete vs. Egr Block off kits

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Lucky Star, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Junior Member

I was wondering if anyones pros and cons for going with a block off kit over the delete kit?? Besides the difference in prices 150 compared to 650.. Thanks

2. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

I have the same questions...

I unplugged my EGR reading all the horror stories about it.

But now I'm concerned that My EGR cooler has nowhere to dump the heat into and could cause coolant to leak into the oil and kill the head gaskets....which requires the whole cab of the truck to be removed to replace in diesel superduties.

The best solution in my mind would be to get the entire EGR delete Kit...seems like the safest route....

But I always though the delete kit was the block off kit??

3. Surfdunn

Surfdunn Member

The kit that Firstcoastdieselperformance.com sells gets rid of your egr all together. They weld where your valve would go (right by your oil filter) closed. Also supply a new up-pipe to get rid of the old one. Now on most block off kits they put a plate on your up pipe. and reroute your coolant passage with a rubber hose that can over heat and rupture. If you can fab and weld, you can make your own kit for about $20 bucks.