1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

EFILive Help

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by William B., Nov 7, 2009.

1. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Alright I know there are some guys on here that have used it so I'm hoping they can help me out. I have the software to install it on my computer but I'm not 100% sure which to install. There is the the black box tuning and Tune and Scan 7.5(IIRC) I assume I need the 7.5 installed and not the black box tuning correct? Also I have an updated tune that I got from the guy I bought it from. How do I go about installing this on the truck? It has 5 tunes on it for my DSP5 switch.

2. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

Ok, as for the software, the lasted version of the tuning software is availble on EFI's web site.

It sounds like you are newly installing the software on your computer so you need to install the EFILive V7.5 Scan And Tune Software For FlashScan V1, V2, AutoCal And AutoTap

You will not need the Black Box logging yet. figure out how to tune before you start logging as you will not be able to make sence of the log without understaning the tuning end of it.

http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=133

If you all ready have the DSP5 switch installed into your trucks ECM, then from there you need to

set up your V2 and your computer in your truck
    open the tuning software
    click the button in the top toolbar for read calibration from PCM
    save your stock tune (and don't loose it)
    then you need to preform a full reflash of the PCM with new operating system and calibration

Hope that helps
    if you have any questions you can get me on the phone and I can walk you through it.

Phil
    (630) 768-3211