1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Chief Plow, May 4, 2003.

1. Chief Plow

Chief Plow Senior Member

I'm sure it has been discussed before. But... I'm looking into an urethane edge for my 8' fisher to try. 2 questions, how does it clean up compared to my steel edge, and secondly durability. 1 lott of mine took a beating this year because the blacktop was rough to begin with. Just wondering and looking to try one Any help let me know..

2. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I would advise you to do a search. You will find many discussions on the benefits and drawbacks of U-edges. It is a topic that has seen a lot of discussion.
  3. pbeering

pbeering Senior Member

There are a number of threads on topic here. We use the U edges and love them. We've used the Artic Groomer yellow for the past three seasons with outstanding results, decent wear, and lots less damage to grass, sprinkler heads, etc.

We are working with MPT and will be installing their new orange edge, which they cooked up for folks that do rougher roads.