1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Edge Prices

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by K&N Snow, Dec 6, 2006.

1. K&N Snow

K&N Snow Member

I just priced out new edges for my 810 I couldn't beleve it. are they proud of them or What I just wanted to make sure my dealer isn't screwing me over. I think they wanted 450 for both the main edge and the wings is that the going rate around the countrywesport
  2. paulsauto

paulsauto Member

list price is 227.00 for the wings and 199.00 for the main edge. They have gone way up since last year. I was selling both for 302.00
  3. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

I just bought new edges for my Boss 9.2 V. The new style formed ones are $400 a pair. So the Blizzard edges arent that bad in comparison.
  4. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

Holy Sh*$.
  5. MBB

MBB Senior Member

was quoted $360 for 810 set, but they did not have wing edges in stock. $112 for main blade. Odered from out side supplier Main edge $67.50 (84" x1/2 x 6") They are fabbing the wings Believe the cost will be around $100. There are a couple variations in the bolt hole spacing for the wings. Mine are 6-3/16 ctc Company Name is Gray's 414-762-4752. S. MIlwaukee WI parts are fabbed somewhere in Ohio. Blizzards are not popular in this area yet so they are just getting set up on them, right now it will be 4 weeks for the parts. I might have to bite bullet on main blade as I only have an 1" left and build up the wings myself.
  6. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

Do you have to use a Blizzard edge, or will a generic one fit? I was thinking of buying a regular 8 footer and welding pieces off my old center over my old wings.
  7. MBB

MBB Senior Member

Blizzard does not use cariage bolts for the edges but flat head cap screws so the mounting holes have to be counter sunk. Do not know if the hole spacing matches any other brand. Could weld an extension on main edge( but weld) and reinforce from behind with another piece take a bunch of time, weld on extension grind weld flush on back side overlay weld area with another piece say about 2" wide filet weld this piece on, should hold up. Wings extensions can be welded on face of old. Main blade 1080 AR, Wings T1, I do not know if the welding will make the joint area too brittle, but could be annealed with a big torch. Like I said awful lot of time to do all 3 pieces. Just doing the wings would not be too bad
  8. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Yup I just put a new edge on mine about a month ago and it was somewhere around $450.00 or so.....Alot of money for an edge that I will only get one season out of.