1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Edge Juice or Smarty

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by provfirescott, Dec 16, 2009.

1. provfirescott

provfirescott Senior Member
    from Ma

2. Deco

Deco Senior Member

Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  3. bh115577

bh115577 Senior Member

I've been using an Edge programer for 4 years with my 2000 2500 Ram and it works great. The juice with attitude is supposed to be a good programer with all the guages built in.

4. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I have an Edge juice w/Attitude monitor in my 2003 Dodge diesel. It's an amazing system, the power is good, the milage did go up (not quite what they claim however)

I think it was well worth the money

5. provfirescott

from Ma

Isnt SCT Ford only?

6. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I'd go with the smarty hands down. Edge has had its share of problems and I gave up on them years ago. The smarty is supposed to be badass on the Dodges. And yes, SCT=Ford just like EFI Live=GM.

7. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

running the regular smarty is too much for a stock truck. you need a upgraded tranny a good lift pump and gauges. id go for the smarty jr once you get gauges. if you really want to spend money on your truck id invest in a 2 micron fuel filter setup.

8. jay723

jay723 Member
    from SE CT

Definetely go with the smarty. I have run the edge, superchips and currently running smarty. I am blown away with the power. EGT temps are lower. They have thought of everything. Buy the smarty not the JR. You can safely run the lower program without mods. The POD is a waste of money, once you install the program you will not need to change power levels on the fly. The edge ran my temps way up. I have an 05 also.

9. provfirescott

from Ma

why not just bye the Smarty Pod06 and then do the upgrades down the line and not run it on higher settings

10. U1200

U1200 Member

Smarty without a doubt.

11. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

It's either the Edge Juice or the Smarty with gauges. I don't think I gained much, if any mileage from the Edge. With a revo program, the Smarty is far more adjustable than the Edge, but you don't get any safety backdowns, alarms, or gauges. It really is a toss up. I'd say go Edge if you aren't going to run gauges with the Smarty. Or, go Smarty if you will be running gauges. One thing I have found is that the intake air temp reading on the Edge is very helpful when you are running around with your plow on. You can usually find a great deal on a gently used Edge Juice w Attitude at www.cumminsforum.com, in the classified section. I'm talking half what they are new.

12. JustinD

JustinD Senior Member

Smarty, no question.

13. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

14. JustinD

JustinD Senior Member

:D Imfamous 6 leaker!!!

15. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

I have an 06, and have been peaking around at programmers. I'd like to put gauges in my truck but not right away. Everyone says Smarty is the way to go, but my truck is stock and will stay stock until its needs to be fixed. Can I have the Smarty and not destroy my truck? Or is the safest option the Smarty JR? Do they have to be hardwired into your truck?

16. JustinD

JustinD Senior Member

Just run the smarty on a lower level, if you are reasonable you will be ok, gauges are a good idea even with a stock truck IMO.

17. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

Reasonable?

I'm a guy, and yes i love punching my truck but I'm not a nut and I love seen good mileage. Anyone I've talked to said they ran a smarty and had to put a new tranny....

18. JustinD

JustinD Senior Member

I know a couple guys running the Smarty on CR Dodges, one is an 07 Mega Cab and the other is an 04 dually both love it, the guy with the Mega Cab runs his on lvl 7 not sure what it adds but he has had his trans chatter and act funny, but if you run the lower hp levels on a daily basis you should be ok, then if you ever had the trans built you wouldn't have to upgrade the tuner.

19. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

That true, I wish I knew more about them. Can you turn torque management off? Or is a lower level tune turn the torque management off?

20. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

Could I get a list of Gauges that would be important as well??